Wednesday 18 February 2015

Bird Watching

I'm not really sure when I started enjoying watching birds so much, but I love sitting at my breakfast table, drinking my morning coffee or tea and just watching the birds outside. A lot of times I will have my camera handy and yesterday was one of those days. It was so cold and dreary and through all of the grayness, I saw a little tuft of red on a woodpecker going about his morning routine. Watching him made me a bit introspective and I thought about even though sometimes our days can be dark and we feel bogged down, there's always a little brightness that can help get us through. If we take the time to smell the flowers, or watch the birds, as in this case, we can find that light.


We also had a late start to school yesterday because of the cold weather. My kids were disappointed that we didn't get any of the snow that was originally predicted, but after the snowpocalypse we had last year, I was ok with that. So, as I sat there watching the woodpecker, I thought about the little birds I took pictures of during that last year. The pictures are not perfect because I was shooting through 2 doors of glass, but I think they turned out pretty good.


So I'm not sure when I started bird watching, but I'm glad that I have learned to take the time to sit and enjoy them.

2 comments: